Submission Terms & Conditions
This is an award for a film, it can be a Short Film, Student Film or Commissioned film.
- Short Films: Films under 30 minutes not made by a student or person under the age of 16.
- Student Films: Films created by undergraduate and post-graduate students.
- Commissioned Films: Can be educational or scientific films, music videos or for advertising or promotional purposes. Commissioned films must have the permission of the rights owner before submission.
Industry Excellence Award
This is an award for an individual person. Films submitted under this category must:
- Have been commissioned by a third party or broadcaster (television or online)
- Not be a student film or have been commissioned as part of advancement in an academic qualification process
- Not be an independent project created without the input of any third party commissioner. Applying for and receiving funding for a film preconceived by the filmmaker does not qualify as a commission.
- MUST have the permission of the rights holder of the project and the nominee to enter into this award.
All films must be submitted and received by Friday 29 July 2016.
All techniques are eligible, but only films completed after 20 July 2015 will be considered.
All information in your submission form is correct and can be used in print and on the web if your film is selected (excluding personal information). Manchester Animation Festival reserve the right to edit or rewrite text where they see fit.
We reserve the right to include a short 10-30 second clip of the film as part of a festival trailer/promotional video, this clip will be either selected by you or the festival team and will be appropriate for its use, we will not put the full film http://premier-pharmacy.com/ online.
Our preferred screening format is DCP, however if this is unavailable, we may convert it via our in-house software. All films are carefully checked and processed before screening at the festival. Please be aware that the information you provide when you submit your film will ensure it is presented in the correct format.
By submitting your film you agree to be signed up to the Manchester Animation Festival e-newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.
We will inform successful entrants by Friday 9 September 2016 at the latest.
Submission also certifies that all film and music rights and clearances have been obtained (in accordance with UK copyright laws). By submitting, you agree not to withdraw your film from the festival after it has been accepted by the selection committee.